Sunday 30 January 2011

Top 10 #1: Top 10 Gaming Disappointments of the Decade

Lets kick of the top 10s with a Top 10 Gaming Disappointments of the Decade!

Let's kick off with...
Number 10:- Kinect
Ugh. I wasn't really expecting much from this anyway, so thats why it's number 10. This piece of kit got HUGE press. "Oh, it's revolutionary. It tracks your body". Bollocks, so did EyeToy. I was impressed by about 2 games on Kinect Adventures, the leak one and the hit ball one. The raft one was just annoying as it had to be perfectly synchronized, the one where your on a platform going along was just really badly done and the space one was just really dull. Third-party games are awful. Game Party and Motion Sports were so badly done and 'cause I'm tall I had to sit to duck on the American Football Game.
Bad.

Now for an arcade disappointment...
Number 9: House of the Dead 4 Arcade Only
Sure, you may think "Oh Well, we got Overkill". While Overkill is good, House of the Dead 4 is awesome. There are always loads of zombies on the screen and as always the bosses are amazing. It wasn't released on any console though, which I found disappointing. I'd like to get to the final boss without churning out pound coins. They have said it might happen if Overkill sells well, but still nothing. I am expecting nothing.
Aw...

You know what's next! It is...
Number 8:- Rock Band 3 Keyboard
To be fair, this isn't really the keyboard because actually using of it as it's quite fun. It's really more the horrible tutorials they give you. No little video to help with placing your fingers, just some text that goes on about crossing your fingers under or something or other. If you do well on a section three times you've mastered it. Uhh, no. I just played it three times, I don't think I can do it blindfolded. The song learning ones are worse. They give you about 5 parts of the song and don't explain anything.
Poorly Done.

More music games? You'll see...
Number 7:- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock's DLC
There have been loads of complaints about the bad DLC output, and I gotta say I agree. 9 packs since September? I don't think so. While the DLC has been very good and I have every pack (not Telephanasm, and the KISS-Mas one isn't even available as a pack) the fact that they only do it sometimes is bad. What's really pissed me off is the Xbox Exclusive pack (and that they got MCR free). Great songs in there, and Muse, a band people have been requesting forever. I want to play Na Na Na and Resistance, so give us that pack Activision!
Grr.

Let's get away from rhythm gaming and go to...
Number 6:- No Rollercoaster Tycoon 4
:( I used to absolutely love this game. RCT2 was just amazing. Making coasters, naming customers stupid names, naming chip shops after my local ones... Ah, it was all too good. IGN have had a RCT4 page up for ages but at the moment, nothing. I am sad that the series seems cancelled or stopped as it was a childhood favourite along with Theme Park Inc.
*cries*

Now lets get onto something I didn't expect which is...
Number 5:- PS3 Launch Titles
I am so happy I continued with the PS3 because I was very disappointed with the launch titles. Resistance was the biggest. I found it quite dull at best. Motorstorm wasn't the best of racers, and for me I found enjoyment in crashing repeatedly (although Apocalypse looks awesome). SO happy I stuck with the PS3 after though. Too many amazing games.
Phew.

Now let me let off some steam with...
Number 4:- Mass Effect 2 Wins Game of the Year 2010
Yes, I was genuinely annoyed and disappointed when this got GOTY. It's a mediocre RPG at best, and it's not hard to be a good RPG. No, this is not because it is an Xbox exclusive (well, was) and I won't be purchasing it when it comes to PS3 either. Loads of great games arrived in 2010, and they give it to this game. Worst GOTY ever.
FAILURE!

Music game? Not really but here is...
Number 3:- Metalocalypse: Dethgame CANCELED
Yes, there was going to be a game based on DETHKLOK! Too bad it was canceled as it look bloody nuts! It seemed violent and had some deadly means of death. Also, you could piss on your enemies. It had an awesome metal soundtrack (or, The Dethalbum) and by the looks of it would be a great game. Sure, it doesn't look great but it was probably early footage.
Nooo!

Now for something that is complimenting Xbox, it is...
Number 2:- Amped 3: Xbox Exclusive
I absolutely love this game. Too bad it was on a rubbish console. It's a very funny, clever and crazy game. I really wish this game comes to PS3. I'd love to do the 2 player 'hurting' mission with my friends as I'm sure it'd get him into snowboarding games. I do hope they pull a 'Mass Effect 2' and un-Xbox Exclusive it as I really think it would sell well.
Ah, what!?

And now, for a huge disappointment and fail it is...
Number 1:- The Sims 3
I hope I'm not the only person who thinks this. The Sims 3 was awful. For a start, it had way too high capability needs, so it wouldn't run right. Perhaps not it's fault. Next, they gave you one neighborhood and no ability to create others. This is where the game was really awful. I loved creating miniature towns where all the townsfolk knew each other. I even made a Big Brother house! The Sims 3 has none of that and is wrecked by it's over-complicated nature. It doesn't have to fun, casual appeal of The Sims 2 and is the biggest Gaming Disappointment of the Decade.


And that concludes the list. Feel free to comment on the placings and what disappointed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment