Monday 10 January 2011

I did not mean... to blow your mind... but my shotgun malfunctions on me... all the tiiiiime (AKA Rant #1: DLC Pranks)

Yes, begin the blog with a stupid joke. That is always advisable if you can't think of a title.
So yeah, todays topic (if you can call it that) is Guitar Hero DLC jokes.

I think the most reported incident of this was the very recent Tenacious D one (hence the title). This excited a LOT of twitter users after it was mentioned by TheHeroFeed. This led to major disappointment.
Another small one that I remember was when someone edited it to 2 6-packs of Dimmu Borgir and Dethklok. This was much less believable. This one was removed shortly after though.

Something else I see is whole Wikipedia pages being made. I'm sure you remember the Guitar Hero: The Beginning one based on Grunge music. Another one was made based on a Muse game which was done well as all the right places were edited.

The reason I made this blog is to rant about all these pranks that go on, and with DLC it is very easy to do so. I mean, what is the point of disappointing a load of curious Wikipedia viewers. I wish this to stop as I am often let down.

On the plus side, the DLC for tomorrow is bloody amazing. Thanks Acti, now do it weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment