Friday 14 January 2011

The DLC Analysis #1: January Mega Pack

First, let's do an overview of the Nine Inch Nails songs.
Head Like a Hole is first. I very nearly didn't 5 star this. I kept losing my combo when I didn't realise notes were coming, very big guitar gaps in this one. While there are many gaps in the song the bits where guitar IS present are fun to play. The song does drag on way too much though. Oh, and HOO!
Now for the best song, The Hand That Feeds. I got this correct in the January DLC prediction thread! This is the best, guitar-wise and, although it takes a while to start up, it is prominent throughout the song and is fun to play. That riff gets trapped in my head too >:(
Closer is also good on guitar, and possibly the trickiest. Those tap parts are good to do. The extended synth chords are good too, because I can play them a drink a cuppa at the same time, which is important if you drink tea like its going up to a tenner for 1 teabag.

Next up the second there pack, A Day to Remember. I didn't get NJ Legion Iced Tea but I assume these are more fun due to the tiers.
Let's do 2nd Sucks first, as it's the shortest. Guitar is good fun on this song, and not too hard. This is also the most screamy track in the pack. No solo, but that riff is good to play and those mino tremelo chords are a bit tricky to hit. This song is also TOO SHORT!
All I Want now. Totally different to 2nd Sucks, much more Pop Punk. The guitar chart is much more fun though. That riff is very good at the start but really sticks out is that tremelo picking. Very difficult to hit and also very brilliant to play!
And finally, Downfall of Us All. This is the only song I knew before I played the pack. It's still awesome. The guitar chart is nowhere near as fun as All I Want although if you know the song it's a bit better. I also like the addition of the Dah's.
Good pack, but lack of The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle is disappointing.

Next up, kicking off the single songs, is HIM with Wings of a Butterfly. This song, surprisingly, was a blast on guitar and didn't deserve a 3. It was very fun with those hammer-on bits after the alternating YO or RB parts. The song is also very good too.

Not Niki FM. BAWW. Kidding. Next is Rescue Me by Hawthorne Hearts. This song was also very good on guitar. That riff is good fun to play as it changes a bit sometimes and while that solo is quiet easy it is fun to play. I also like the song musically

Now for Buried Myself Alive. This is also the only single song from a band that had DLC before, FUN FACT! The tap bits were very fun to play on guitar and the chorus riff is very good to play. Never really liked The Used but this song is very good.

Count the beard types in that pick, I dare ya! This song is really awesome on guitar as those solos are very good to play and the riff is also very good. This Anthrax-Every Time I Die-Fall Out Boy mix is also very weird but it works. Brilliant.

So that's it for my guitar review of the January Mega Pack. I give it 9/10, Nine Inch Nails songs have too many breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment